Wednesday, September 23, 2015

S.L.U.T. : Ambrosia pt 2



I still have only two eyes. One nose. One mouth. Two ears. However my nails have become claws and I'm green. Okay, I can handle this.
I still have my hair. It's blue but still here. Teeth look good. Better than they did before. So that's something. Oh, Lord I have a forked tongue. I don't really look like a lizard. More like I have a skin condition. It'll be fine. Maybe I could start a new trend while I wait for the doctor to fix me.
All these thoughts whirled through Ambrosia's mind right before she hurled the mirror at the wall.
I am NOT okay.
Dr. Harrison didn't flinch having expected that reaction.
"Ambrosia it will be okay. The agents at Bermuda were able to get samples of all the chemicals that were used on you. We are working to identify them."
"Who is we?"
"When you were rescued, even if you hadn't passed out, Smoque wouldn't have told you anything. She isn't very good at the people part of this job. You are under S. L. U. T. headquarters."
"My mother contacted you?"
"She asked for Smoque specifically. She wanted you back and for justice to be done."
"Justice! I'm half blind, green and only God knows what else is wrong with me? When she sees me justice will be the least of her concerns!"
Ambrosia felt a burning sensation in her chest. It hurt like nothing she'd ever felt in her life. The closet that even came to it was the burning of the chemicals as the coursed through her veins, but seemed like a mild irritant compared to what was happening to her now.
She curled into a ball on the bed knocking over the IVs and causing the machines to beep wildly. The pain only increased. Ambrosia felt as she were going to die. She nearly wanted to to make the pain stop. Rolling onto her back to lay flat she opened her mouth to scream and fire covered the ceiling.




The sprinkler system came on then immediately melted. The pipes burst and the room was half flooding half in flames. Dr. Harrison went to Ambrosia in an attempt to calm her.
"DON'T TOUCH ME!"
"I need to make sure you're alright."
"The room is on fire and it's because of me. I am NOT alright."
"We need to leave this room. The alarms are going off a team will be here-"
What was left of the door was kicked in a five women dressed all in black stormed in.
"It's a code 6 ladies you know what to do."
"Captain, this girl has no idea what is happening to her. This is not a code 6." Dr. Harrison stepped in front of Ambrosia's bed, arms spread wide.
"Then what would you have me do? The room is on fire. The students are freaking out. And water is not putting this out."
"It's dragonfire you need magic to dispel it. Get Serafine. You two, help me with my patient. Then start evacuating this floor."
The authority in the doctor's voice got the women moving with a different purpose. The two Dr. Harrison indicated to picked up Ambrosia as the doctor grabbed her IVs to walk behind them.
Ambrosia heard the captain send one of the two women left to get Serafine, while she and the last woman started helping with the evacuation.
"Ambrosia, dear, I need you to trust me. I'm going to inject you work something That will help you sleep."
"Why...did you feel the need....to qualify that...?"
Her speech was slowed and her voice hoarse.
"Because" she walked around to face the heiress and pointed a gun at her then fired.
"It's going to hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment