Wednesday, September 16, 2015

S. L. U. T. : Ambrosia pt 1



The room was bright. Far too bright for Ambrosia's eyes, even though they were closed. Her head felt foggy. The last thing she remembered...she started to panic. Too bright or not she had to escape.
She thought she heard her name. She calmed only slightly. Smoque's helmet came to mind. She remembered being rescued. But she didn't know where she was.
"What's going on?" her voice sounded strange to her ears.
"You are in a specialized facility. My name is Dr. Harrison. You have been through quite a traumatic ordeal, Ambroisa. How do you feel?"
A woman. Good. "Everything hurts. I can't open my eyes because it feels like there are floodlights in here and I sound like I've been smoking since the 1920's."
She heard the doctor walk away then the sound of the blinds being closed, then a button clicked.
"Try opening your eyes now."
"That is a lot better. What did you do?"
"I removed the light. It would appear that you have night vision."
"And what happened to my regular vision?"
"For now, it would appear that it is nonexistent. But don't fret, if Madeline Morrison can see during the day, then you should be able to as well. You just need to practice. My thoughts would be that in a few short months you'll be back to normal in no time."
"Madeline Morrison?"
"Big Mama Marsh's real name. We find find it best to not acknowledge the criminal as their ailis here. It only feeds into their criminal persona. And it helps survivors such as yourself forgive if you see them as people who are sick rather than megalomaniacs."
"I was snatched from my car, that thing killed three of my guards and then she injected God knows what into my dna, and you expect me to forgive them?"
"For your own good. Not theirs."
"Never.
"What else did she do to me?"
"I think one shock a day is---"
"Doctor. I need to know."
Dr. Harrison sighed, "If you insist."
She walked across the room and grabbed a mirror. Then handed it to her patient.
"Now please understand we are working very hard to ensure that whatever was done to you will be reversed."
Ambrosia took a deep breath and turned the mirror towards her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment